Center for Sports
“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all”.
The Physical Education /Sports section provides training facilities for all the students and staff of this Institute. It has excellent infrastructure facilities for both outdoor and indoor games/ sports. Sports can promote the overall development (Physical, Social, Emotional, Ethical and Moral) of an individual. Games and sports activities are an essential component with inside the lifestyles of a pupil. A pupil has to have a look at tough to achieve success in aggressive examinations. A healthful state is usually a rich state. Therefore, it's far important to place emphasis on sports activities. One can think about a healthful thought best in a healthful frame. Both bodily and intellectual wellness are the conditions of awesome achievements in lifestyles. Studies have proven that exercising will increase blood waft to the mind and facilitates the frame construct extra connections among nerves, main to multiplied concentration, more suitable memory, inspired creativity, and better-advanced hassle fixing skills. In short, gambling sports activities facilitates your mind develop and makes it paintings better.
Activities of the Section include:
- To encourage and motivate the students to participate in sports & games to attain good physical state and health.
- To coordinate and monitor the sports and games activities for the students of the institute.
- To supervise and monitor regular sports practice for the institute’s teams in various sports.
- To arrange and purchase playing equipment/goods for students required for their recreation/play purpose.
- To take measures for most effective utilization of the existing sports facilities.
- To coordinate and implementing various students’ welfare schemes and activities (e.g., FIT INDIA Movement, Khelo India etc.).
- To maintain stock register of sports (consumables and non-consumables).
- Maintenance of play grounds and courts.
- To enable student to participate in various inter NIT’s and other sports festivals/tournaments and making all necessary arrangements (such as transportation, sports kits etc.) in a timely manner.
- To conduct annual sports meet and other sports events for students.
- To coordinate with IITs, NITs and IIITs and other higher learning institutions for organising activities.
- Organizing tournaments for the employees of NIT Nagaland